The Fleur du Cap Country Estate is situated along the banks of the Lourens river, outside Somerset West. The estate was once part of the farm Groenendal, granted in 1700 to Willem Adriaan van der Stel, Governor of the Cape of Good Hope.
Today Fleur du Cap houses a rootstock mother plantation where about 11,000 rootstock vines are located, providing phylloxera-free root material onto which selected clone material is grafted as the first stage in the making of the Fleur du Cap wines.
These grafted vines are planted out in selected vineyard sites in the Coastal Region. The sites were selected to ensure optimum conditions regarding soils, climatic conditions and location.