MMD | MAISONS MARQUES & DOMAINES
Marketing & Communications Internship
Under the direction of the SVP Marketing & Communication, the selected intern will work as part of the Marketing/PR team at Maisons Marques & Domaines (www.mmdusa.net), the U.S. Subsidiary of Champagne Louis Roederer. He/she will help primarily with keeping the company website up-to-date, administrating wine events, helping with sales tools, and various other priority projects related to marketing and public relations.
This full-time internship is based at MMD’s headquarters in Oakland, California, and will last 6 months, from January – June 2017. The ideal candidate will be an advanced undergraduate student, studying business/marketing management (or related field) with a strong interest in working with a small team in an international environment. Work will be both qualitative and quantitative. The ideal candidate will have strong MS Office and MS Excel skills, and be comfortable working with databases, web content management systems, digital filing, and marketing across various mediums and channels. Furthermore, the right candidate is highly self-motivated and responsive, reliable, comfortable with problem-solving, and adaptable to changing deliverables.
Expectations - The following are expected of the MarComm Intern:
- Attendance: Five days a week (Monday – Friday), 8:00am – 5:00pm with a lunch hour.
- Dress: Business casual (formal on rare occasion).
- Special Events: On occasion, staffing or pouring at weekend/evening special events.
- Initiative: The intern will be asked to pitch new ideas and expand on strategies put forth by MMD’s executive team.
Make updates and improvements to the MMD website. The U.S. wine industry heavily relies on reviews received by top wine publications and our nationwide sales force relies daily on the wine information provided on our company website. This position will support the team by updating new ratings, technical information, and images on a daily basis for our 20+ luxury wine brands.
II. Marketing Projects and Sales Tools
- Marketing materials/sales tools: Help with coordination of informational materials for sales team and distributors. This includes researching, compiling, and editing information.
- Quantitative and qualitative research on retailers and distributors in regional markets.
- Select marketing research projects, focused on specific brands in the MMD portfolio.
III. Social Media
- Select projects related to specific brand media platforms. Support Marketing team in analysis.
- Help manage winery Facebook pages (content selection, posting calendar).
IV. Distribution/Contact Lists
- Research solutions for distributing information to distributor sales forces.
- Work on contact database management and building out target lists for major trade events.
- Work with database for large email marketing and event promotion campaigns.
V. Public Relations and Event Coordination
- Track and file all press reviews and ratings.
- Assist the Marketing/PR team with all facets of event planning and materials production.
- Manage day-to-day event-related needs under the supervision of MMD managers.
- Manage various event planning documents, like spreadsheets, pricelists, and large mailings.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.