District Manager | New York Metro Area
Posted: March 8, 2019 Location: New York, New York
Maisons Marques & Domaines USA Inc. (MMD USA) was founded in 1987 as the U.S. sales and marketing arm for Champagne Louis Roederer and its California winery, Roederer Estate. Today, the company has grown into a well-respected marketer and importer of family-owned, prestigious producers. In spite of its growth, MMD USA has retained the spirit of a small, hands-on company with a very dedicated team. It has built long-lasting, mutually rewarding alliances with key distributors in each U.S. market, based on personal commitment and entrepreneurship. As the wine industry continues to evolve in the U.S., MMD USA intends to remain an outstanding and distinctive ambassador of the wineries it represents.
The NY Metro Area District Manager is responsible for marketing MMD’s international and domestic California portfolio of fine wines and champagnes to distributors and other sales accounts. Creates presentations; manages and assists distributors and sales accounts with product marketing materials, events, and product inventory. Prepares required sales activity and administrative reports and serves as liason with MMD administrative staff and operations.
- Maintains a thorough and current understanding of the culture, long-term objectives and industry news of the wineries represented by MMD USA.
- Ensures market penetration of all company products and maintains and improves the products' image.
- Assists Regional/ Area Manager in developing and implementing marketing programs to achieve marketing objectives including sales objectives, distribution objectives, merchandising goals where appropriate, estimated costs, pricing goals and profit structure. Utilizes programming and/or incentive tools to help organize and project marketing expenses.
- Identifies with management assistance key accounts in major markets. Classifies them according to the criteria set by MMD USA and updates annually.
- Launches new products in NY market and determines proper distribution channels.
- Assists the Regional Manager and Director of Sales in conducting monthly business reviews. Bi-weekly, provides written report summarizing market feedback, marketing success and challenges.
- Conducts tastings/seminars to motivate sales staff or key accounts. Uses visual aids or Powerpoint presentations.
Assists in Distributor Management
- Maintains current and updated knowledge of the US system of wine & spirits distribution with distributors, suppliers and top accounts.
- Uses excellent communication and persuasion skills to secure distributor focus and efforts on company brands. Educates distributors in understanding the culture, long-term objectives and current industry news of the wineries represented by MMD USA.
- Verifies that targeted programs and objectives for each distributor are implemented and achieved.
- Assists Regional Manager in developing, training, motivating and managing sales personnel within territory.
- Weekly, coordinates meetings or sales calls with the distributor representative.
Account Management / Sales
- Provides sales support to the distributors’ sales members, accounts, and staff members to generate sales.
- Implements management directed sales objectives to achieve penetration in various segments and territories which are of particular importance for each of the products.
- Monitors pricing level for off-premise licenses.
- Makes regular sales calls to designated on-premise accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Makes product presentations, promotes new and existing portfolio items to expand and grow the business.
- Meets/exceeds assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives using resourcefulness and persistence.
- Participates in on-site training and winery/distillery tours to remain knowledgeable and current in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Assists customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock).
- Recommends creates/designs wine lists, and wine by the glass programs.
- Merchandises off-sale/retail accounts and reset shelf space, cold box and build displays to correspond with promotions and incentive programs.
- Complies with MMD USA salesperson responsibilities and policies.
Supplier Visit Management
- Organizes, prepares and develops agenda and itinerary for suppliers’ visits.
- Key accounts visits with suppliers.
- Provides written feedback to management on suppliers visits.
- Researches, organizes and presents sales reports, quota attainment, market feedback and results every two weeks to the Director of Sales. Gathers necessary required information from distributors or accounts.
- Conducts market/pricing analysis as requested.
Planning, Organization, Salesforce Activity and Task Management
- Utilizes Outlook Calendar to manage tasks, appointments, events and coordinates activities with MMD management.
- Accurately completes “Programming Sheets” and submits to Director of Sales before new program implementation.
- Other essential duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired with 3-5 years industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
- Comprehensive and current knowledge/experience with wine and spirits including regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production and service.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable auto. Acceptable driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry a 45(+) pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Available to work flexible hours and weekends as necessary. Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- Goal-oriented, focused, adaptable, persuasive, and assertive individual who can work independently and with a variety of personalities. Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, WordProcessing, Powerpoint, Outlook).
Please send your resume, cover letter, and porfolio to: email@example.com
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered for this role.