Posted: January 28, 2019 Location: Oakland, CA
Maisons Marques & Domaines USA Inc. (MMD USA) was founded in 1987 as the U.S. sales and marketing arm for Champagne Louis Roederer and its California winery, Roederer Estate. Today, the company has grown into a well-respected marketer and importer of family-owned, prestigious producers. In spite of its growth, MMD USA has retained the spirit of a small, hands-on company with a very dedicated team. It has built long-lasting, mutually rewarding alliances with key distributors in each U.S. market, based on personal commitment and entrepreneurship. As the wine industry continues to evolve in the U.S., MMD USA intends to remain an outstanding and distinctive ambassador of the wineries it represents.
Maisons, Marques & Domaines, is seeking a creative force to join our team as a Graphic Designer. We are looking for collaborative spirit to bring energy and passion to the role. The graphic designer holds a key position within the organization. Through their contribution to the graphic portfolio of our brands, the position enriches our status as a leader in the wine and spirits industry.
- The development and maintenance of the visual esthetic ensuring brand continuity across the MMD USA portfolio, in print and online.
- Work with team members to prioritize projects and work flow based on business needs, successfully guiding projects from inception to delivery.
- Reports to the SVP of Marketing & Communications as a member of the MarCom team.
- Work closely with the SVP of Marketing & Communications in planning, prioritization and execution.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to provide creative assets as well as revise and maintain existing imagery.
- Develop assets for the national advertising plan.
- Produce creative assets using Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- Develop digital assets, with daily updates, for the brand websites and social media accounts.
- Development of print collateral: brochures, promotional material, retail POS, sales sheets, price lists, etc.
- Development of corporate event materials: invitation, signage, step & repeat etc.
- Keep abreast of technical innovations, research competitors and develop innovative approaches.
- The desire to learn new platforms and software as needed.
- Coordinate and manage off-site photo shoots.
- Manage the hand-off of production assets to vendors and review/approve proofs.
- Ambition to continually extend and develop the graphic quality and consistency of the MMD USA brand portfolio.
- A passion for acquiring new knowledge and staying up-to-date with current trends and developments in design and technology.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects from multiple colleagues concurrently.
- Experience creating branded assets across multiple media platforms.
- Strong attention to detail, constantly striving to ensure the creation and delivery of high-quality deliverables.
- Expertise in Adobe CC including Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom and InDesign.
- At least 2-3 years of agency experience as a Graphic Designer, or comparable professional experience.
- Wine industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in fine arts, graphic design or related field (or 3 to 5 years related work experience).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An enthusiastic and positive contributor.
- Occasional travel.
- The ability to lift 40 pounds.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com