Sales Data and Pricing Manager
Posted: March 4, 2018 Location: New York City
The Sales Data and Pricing Manager is part of Maisons Marques & Domaines (MMD)’ New York team and will report to the Director of Sales and Business Intelligence. The Sales Data and Pricing Manager will coordinate and manage projects dedicated to improve the information and processes used throughout the Sales & Marketing department on a daily basis.
This person will lead the implementation of new projects and initiatives within the Business Intelligence division. This person will work as part of a cross-functional team and serve as the primary business partner of the Sales & Marketing department on all issues relating to their information systems/ongoing projects and sales data. The position’s responsibilities will require to work closely with the Vermont Information Processing (VIP) system: MMD data collection and processing company. This person will also manage inventory, pricing and sales data of MMD’s WineBook wholesaler division in NY and CA.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the accuracy of the sales data from all MMD distributors in the US and its analysis
- Act as the main contact with MMD distributors’ IT department and VIP project manager in order to have timely access to sales data on MMD portfolio and to establish customized reports whenever possible
- Provide the Sales and Marketing team with automatized and customized reports according to their needs using database queries (SQL) and reporting tools (VIP)
- Manage the integration of specific goals by brand, product, premise and distributor in the VIP database
- Build custom reports to track brand performances and incentives results for each market
- Manage pricing reports to make sure products are sold at the correct price in order to maximize ROS for MMD and its distributors
- Ensure the correctness of information by matching distributors’ and MMD’s product codes into VIP internal database
- Monitor the use of “Sales Nav”, an information system that allows the Sales team to get Sat-Nav sales markers from MMD customer databases
- Work with members of the Sales & Marketing team to identify improvement needs and opportunities to more efficiently share information between each other and distributors
- Track Winebook orders and Non-exclusive Bordeaux orders to distributors
- Supervise Futures delivery and coordinate pricing to each account
- Collect, analyze, evaluate and report sales data in order to increase sales productivity
- Assist management in developing new sales reports
- Provide customized reporting and recommendation in support of ongoing business decisions
- Assist the Director of Sales in preparing business review meetings with distributors and suppliers
- Assemble meaningful data for competitor analysis to assist management’s forecast on market evolution and decision making (wholesale pricing store surveys, wine list surveys…)
- Assist Sales team in establishing target lists and measuring actual sales performance against pre-set targets
- Support WineBook division (Bordeaux wines) in monthly price posting, pricing and inventory analysis, sales analysis
Required Skills and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business field is required. Master’s degree or MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience in the wine and spirit industry that includes data analysis, interpretation and project management. Wine business and production knowledge is highly desirable.
- Exceptional analytic ability and knowledge of Excel, database queries (SQL) and reporting tools (SAP BO).
- Excellent computer skills. Prior experience with Cognos, Pro Diver, Microstrategy, VIP, and Sales Nav is mandatory.
- Solid problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills are necessary in order to address business needs, perform data inquiries and analysis, and develop creative solutions to challenges
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.