Posted: August 9, 2023 Location: Miami, Florida
Maisons Marques & Domaines USA (MMD) is seeking a District Manager to join our sales team supporting the Florida Area.
In this role you will be responsible for marketing and selling MMD’s international and domestic portfolio of fine wines and champagnes to distributors and other sales accounts. The major focus of the District Manager is to maximize the sales of MMD brands to the trade and consumer though effective planning, relationship building with key accounts and distributors sales representatives, key account management and direct sales. The District Manager assists the regional manager in distributor’s management and supplier visits management. The District Manager prepares required sales activity and administrative reports.
This is a full-time, salaried position with bonus opportunities and full benefits for a candidate located in or around Miami, Florida.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Marketing and sales
- Maintains a thorough and current understanding of the culture, long-term objectives and industry news of the wineries represented by MMD.
- Ensures market penetration of all company products and maintains and improves the products image.
- Assists Regional Manager in developing and implementing marketing programs to achieve marketing objectives including sales objectives, distribution objectives, merchandising goals. Utilizes Programming and/or Incentive tools to help achieve marketing goals.
- Identifies with management assistance key accounts in major markets/cities. Classifies them according to the criteria set by MMD and updates list quarterly.
- Launches new products in Florida market and determines proper distribution channels.
- Assists the Regional Manager and Director of Sales in conducting monthly business reviews. Bi-weekly, provides written report summarizing market feedback, marketing success and challenges.
- Conducts weekly tastings/seminars to motivate sales staff or key accounts (must attend two in-store tastings per week).
- Educates distributors in understanding the culture, long-term objectives and current industry news of the wineries represented by MMD.
- Realizes a minimum of 6 work with per month when permitted by the distributor
- Verifies that targeted programs and objectives for each division are implemented and achieved.
- Assists Regional Manager in developing, training, motivating and managing sales personnel within territory.
- Weekly, coordinates team meetings/GSM with the distributor representative.
Account management/sales relationship building
- Provides sales support/training to the accounts staff members to generate sales.
- Implements management (Regional Manager and Director of Sales) directed sales objectives to achieve penetration in various segments and territories which are of particular importance for each of the products.
- Monitors pricing level for off-premise licenses.
- Makes regular sales calls to designated on-premise accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Makes product presentations, promotes new and existing portfolio items to expand and grow the business.
- Meets/exceeds assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives using resourcefulness and persistence.
- Establishes effective business relationship with key accounts and distributor sales representatives through an understanding of their needs and a responsive and timely follow-up.
- Continually seek and open new accounts: visit 30 accounts per week minimum
- Assists customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock).
- Recommends creates/designs wine lists, and wine by the glass programs.
- Merchandises off-sale/retail accounts and reset shelf space, cold box and build displays to correspond with promotions and incentive programs.
- Complies with MMD salesperson responsibilities and policies.
Supplier Visit Management
- Organizes, prepares and develops agenda and itinerary for supplier visits.
- Key accounts visits with suppliers.
- Provides written feedback to management on suppliers' visits.
- Researches, organizes and presents sales reports, quota attainment, market feedback and results every two weeks to the Director of Sales. Gathers necessary required information from distributors or accounts.
- Daily report of sales activity to Regional Manager (daily use of VIP and Karma).
- Weekly written report to Director of Sales.
- Conducts market/pricing analysis as requested.
Planning, organization, sales activity and task management
- Establishes an efficient work schedule (pre-approved by Regional Manager) that ensures assigned accounts are contacted and serviced as needed.
- Utilizes VIP Karma to manage work schedule, tasks, appointments, events and coordinates activities with MMD management.
- Analyzes the total territory and each account to determine the priority, distribution volume and promotion opportunities.
- Establishes priority brand objectives for each account for each sales call that will result in achievement of goals.
- Accurately completes “Programming Sheets” and submits to Director of Sales before new program implementation.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree desired with 1-3 years’ industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
- Comprehensive and current knowledge/experience with wine and spirits including regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production and service.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable auto. Acceptable driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry a 45(+) pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Available to work flexible hours and weekends as necessary. Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- Goal-oriented, focused, adaptable, persuasive, and assertive individual who can work independently and with a variety of personalities. Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word Processing, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- Full Healthcare Package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Paid holidays.
- 401k & Company Match.
- Flexible spending account.