Domaines Schlumberger Pinot Noir Les Princes Abbés

Alsace, France

Vintage:2018 (Current)

Tech Sheet Download Download PDF with Scores Download PDF without Scores

Domaines Schlumberger Pinot Noir Les Princes Abbés 2018


With a single holding of more than 330 acres in Guebwiller, Domaines Schlumberger is the largest Grands Crus producer in Alsace. All Schlumberger wines are estate-grown. Because of the aridity and steepness of the domains, the yields are about 50 percent of the average for the appellation of Alsace. The resulting grapes are very high quality and have exceptional flavor concentration.

For over 200 years, the Schlumberger family has devoted itself to farming the vineyards with passion, dedication and respect to the environment.

The Les Princes Abbés range is the Schlumberger family’s tribute to the Abbots princes from the local Abbey at Murbach who owned the vineyards in the area until the French Revolution, and who were the first to sell the wines from Guebwiller abroad.


80% of the fruit comes from the limestone Bollenberg plot, while the remaining 20% comes from our marlstone Saering plot.

Vinification occurs during a maceration of two weeks. Its growth in traditional tuns for 10 months allows adding a more full-bodied and more complex structure to its fruity character. 

Tasting Notes

The 2018 Pinot Noir is the robe is cherry red with purple reflections, of good intensity. The nose is marked, pleasant and of good intensity. We perceive a dominant of red fruit scents (blueberry, blackberry) and a slight floral hint of rose. The airing enhances these scents and reveals cherry and blackcurrant, as well as a light note of delicate vegetal. Airy and flattering, the nose gives the Pinot Noir a sophisticated and radiant definition. The wine evolves on a bright and fresh medium, with a sparkling note. Already present, the balance shows delicacy, elegance, without grippy tannins. The exquisite range of flavors makes this wine fresh.

Food Pairing

Serve this wine with cured meats to start a meal, a veal roast with pasta and cream of mushroom, or duck breast with cherry sauce. Serve at 60°F.

Technical Information

Varietals: 100% Pinot Noir

Wine Alcohol: 13.37%

Titratable Acidity: 3.39 g/L

Residual Sugar: .24 g/L